Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Abilene?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Abilene? Generally, you should consider three major regions of your residence for camera installations: your front door, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. Although your installation team will be able to advise where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Safeguard Your Front Entryway
Although it may seem crazy that an intruder would make an effort to just stroll through your home’s main entryway, 34% of invasions occur at the front door. There are also porch pirates among other risks to think about. A video doorbell is perfect to tackle all of these concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are nice as you have the ability to speak with people who approach and engage the doorbell. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to every ring with two-way communications and real-time footage and appear to be at home. In the event a person does try to do something questionable, you are able to have your camera instantly document the event on video and transmit it to your cell phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras outside your residence is a more challenging undertaking. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial tips to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Abilene house allow for an impressive field-of-view, seeing two segments of your exterior.
- Right under an overhanging eave or directly into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partly hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is an easier entryway for intruders than you’d think!
- Over a patio or back door -- or any entryway not in clear view from the street.
In each of these spots, make sure you cut back any bushes or tree limbs that may block your view.
Tips To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Abilene. However, the added versatility results in there being other installation variables to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should ensure your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight from a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Aim the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: Just like a watchtower, a video camera positioned in an elevated area will have a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Set your security cameras in locations where little ones and house pets aren’t able to interact with them. You could try mounting or other ways to secure them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The greatest surveillance system won’t help you much if you’ve got a decorative item or plant in the way. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to conceal your security equipment. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Just call (325) 313-2016 or complete the following form to get started.